You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-12 11:02:11

lman

snd-hda-intel issues

I have had problems with sound since I installed linux on this laptop (hp nx6325, ATI SB450 HDA Audio). I was always able to get it working to some point, but...

After turning on my laptop everything works fine, even the microphone, and the speakers mute when I plug in headphones. But after a while my mic stops working, as though it was blocked by something, or it didn't exist. And the speakers won't unmute when I plug out the headphones, or if they weren't plugged in before the speakers won't mute. weird...

I suspect it's a driver bug, and probably I can't do anything about it. I tried almost every possible solution i could find on the net, nothing worked (changing the modul=... etc.), and it seems nobody has exactly these issues.

I'm just curious if there is a workaround, so i won't have to restart my computer every time I want to use skype or unmute the speakers.

#2 2008-07-12 11:42:41

floke

Re: snd-hda-intel issues

My speakers don't mute when I plug headphones in. My solution is to turn the 'front' volume down to zero through alsamixer in the terminal. It doesn't trigger 'mute' but has the same effect. Don't know if this helps but might be worth a go?

Board footer