You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-13 17:38:46

keenerd
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

alsa 1.0.17rc3

I have an HP Mininote, and it requires the latest alsa for things like a working microphone or headphone jack.  Previously I've been downloading the nightly snapshots and make installing them.  This stopped working with the last kernel release.  In general, getting sound to run on this laptop is troublesome, see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/HP2133

With the official release clients, I've been trying to make an actual pkgbuild.  Three pkgbuilds, for alsa-lib, alsa-utils and alsa-driver.  So far pretty much everything works.  Udev loads all the appropriate modules (snd_pcm, snd_hwdep,snd_page_alloc, snd_rawmidi, snd_seq_midi_event, snd_seq, snd_seq_device, snd_mixer_oss, snd_timer, snd, soundcore).

Alsaconf fails to actually make a sound card entry.  /dev/dsp is not made.  Manually modprobbing snd-hda-intel produces the following on dmesg:

snd_hda_intel: Unknown symbol snd_ctl_add_slave
snd_hda_intel: Unknown symbol snd_verbose_printk
snd_hda_intel: Unknown symbol snd_ctl_make_virtual_master

Has anyone else tried the alsa release clients?

#2 2008-07-13 23:07:26

brebs

Re: alsa 1.0.17rc3

keenerd wrote:

Unknown symbol

You haven't recompiled & reinstalled them in the correct order. So recompile them again.

#3 2008-07-14 01:36:48

keenerd
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: alsa 1.0.17rc3

Thanks, that did the trick.

Also, I accidentally stripped the patches from alsa-lib the first time around the build.  The patches for 1.0.16 still seem to apply for 1.0.17.

Board footer