You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-15 21:29:09

saciel

reactivate video output after computer being 'idle' ?

Besides my notebook I now have a desktop PC which is connected to my flat TV via DVI-to-HDMI cable. I use this computer for watching DVDs, internet TV and for doing complex calculations that I do not want to run on my laptop. There is no keyboard and no mouse connected to the computer, everything is done through ssh-connection (and x2x while running an xserver on the desktop).

The problem is, that this computer gets into an 'idle' mode if there is no user input for - don't know - about 30 minutes, disabling video output. I get a blue screen on the TV and a message reading 'No video input'. However, I can still run all sorts of things via ssh, so the computer is not frozen.

The only thing I've found so far to get video output active again is plug in a keyboard and press a key. But there must be something I can do remotely from the laptop using ssh or something?

It's pretty bothersome as the problem appears frequently (i.e. doing long calculations then deciding to watch internet TV) and I always have to get the keyboard from downstairs or reboot (which is no good while calculating).

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

Board footer