You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-21 11:01:07

neb.anch

[SOLVED] GNOME is halv english and halv german

Hej,
I dont know how to change the Gnome Language proper. I add the following to the .bashrc

LANG=de_DE.utf-8
LANGUAGE=de
LC_ALL=de_DE.utf-8

and to bash_profile

export LANG="de_DE"

even in /etc/rc.conf are my setting for german. But have a look at my screenshot:
74459595om1.png

There you can see that my gnome menu is halv english and halv german. My calendar and the terminal are also english.

I use KDM, so there is no option for me to set the language in GDM. My KDE works fine with the german i18n package.

Any hints for that?

Last edited by neb.anch (2008-07-21 18:50:42)

#2 2008-07-21 12:03:19

moljac024

Re: [SOLVED] GNOME is halv english and halv german

I'd say that's because not everything is translated. I have setup linux for my girlfriend's father who set the language to Serbian and that's even worse (literally half of GNOME is in english, while yours only has a couple of items)

I just use english anyway....the way the original author(s) wrote it wink

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-07-21 12:45:42

neb.anch

I don't think so. Gnome is complety translated to german. And it works for me under Mandriva Linux.

#4 2008-07-21 13:01:18

shining
Pacman Developer

neb.anch wrote:

Hej,
I dont know how to change the Gnome Language proper. I add the following to the .bashrc

LANG=de_DE.utf-8
LANGUAGE=de
LC_ALL=de_DE.utf-8

and to bash_profile

export LANG="de_DE"

even in /etc/rc.conf are my setting for german.

It looks strange to me that you specify 3 different things : de_DE.utf-8, de_DE and de.
Anyway, what about removing all that crap and only setting it in rc.conf?

Just do the "Enabling necessary locales" and "Setting system wide locale" section here :
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Con … ry_locales
and disable all other stuff you did.

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#5 2008-07-21 18:49:52

neb.anch

Damn, I didnt' know that I have to do this "locale-gen" command. Now he has build everything and it works perfekt.

BTW: I change the 3 different things to one that locale -a provide me. I had only copy this stuff from other linux forums, so thats why it was kind of strange.

Danke - Thanks so much

Board footer