You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-21 15:56:50

gen2

evolution freezing.

Evolution seems to freeze after X amount of time running. It seems to be quite random. Sometimes its an hour sometimes its a day before it freezes.

It freezes hard, no error outputs on console whatsoever so I can't give you any debug logs nor error logs. Theres nothing in /var/logs that indicate evolution freezing.

I'm running gnome 2.22.2 with evolution 2.22.2
Evolution is configured with 10pop accounts and 2 exchange accounts (Both the exchange accounts are disabled)
The evolution directory /home/me/.evolution is about 272MB if thats any help.
If there is anything else you need to know, just ask.

uname -a is: Linux skynet 2.6.25-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 14 17:44:19 CEST 2008 x86_64 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 280 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

This is the console output from evolution:

$ evolution 
CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
** (evolution:30948): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution %s
** (evolution:30948): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution
libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
  (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
^C
$

As you can see, evolution freezes and I can to terminate the process via a ^C or kill command.

I'm not sure whats going on here and it only recently started happening (I believe its version 2.22.2 that it started happening, the previous version was fine)

Anyone have this problem as well? Anyone know what could possible be the problem?

Thanks

#2 2008-07-25 16:31:20

gen2

Re: evolution freezing.

Anyone?

Board footer