You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-24 20:43:07

B-Con
Website

Changing pkgs from "installed as dependency" to "explicitly installed"

I just did a -Qdt to check for orphans -- its been a while since I've done so -- and apparently both I've failed to use -Rs religiously and some dependencies have changed, I had quite a few orphans, including some packages I knew I only had because of dependency issues.

Anyway, looking through the packages I found a few, like zip, that were labeled as "installed as dependency", which may be true but if so it is no longer a dependency for something I have. But I need zip so I'd like to change it to be "explicitly installed".

I just want to make sure: Changing the desc file in /var/lib/pacman/local/$PKGNAME and changing %REASON% from 1 to a 0, or just getting rid of %REASON%, is all I have to do to fix this, right?

#2 2008-07-24 20:55:23

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Changing pkgs from "installed as dependency" to "explicitly installed"

I generally don't suggest editing the DB by hand - have you just tried pacman -S zip?

#3 2008-07-24 21:26:45

B-Con
Website

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Explicitly sync'ing the package doesn't change its install status. It makes sense, otherwise you couldn't explicitly re-sync dependencies without messing up dependency-install info.

#4 2008-07-24 21:28:57

fwojciec

I think you might need to first uninstall the package in question with -Rd and then install it again with -S.  Just reinstalling (without previously removing the package) doesn't change the "install reason", if I remember correctly.

#5 2008-07-24 22:05:18

B-Con
Website

Yeah, that fixed the problem. I'll just do that for all the packages.

Board footer