You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-27 08:22:08

B-Con
Website

Is there an easier way to config the lxpanel launch bar?

Is it possible to add launchers to lxpanel that don't have .desktop files? I have some programs w/o such files that I like to use, and command-line arguments I like to pass to other apps I use that are not in the .desktop files.

I can just create my own .desktop files and store them in /usr/local/share/applications, but it's far more convenient to just edit a single config file and specify run= and icon= , or the like. I was using fbpanel, but I like lxpanel better, but this might be worth switching back to fbpanel for.

(On a side note, I just discovered the official lxde project. Turns out I've assembled 3/4 of the project without knowing it. Quite nice. smile )

#2 2008-07-27 13:46:08

moljac024

Re: Is there an easier way to config the lxpanel launch bar?

Just manually edit the .desktop files...how much of a hassle can it really be ?

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-08-01 02:53:13

B-Con
Website

Re: Is there an easier way to config the lxpanel launch bar?

It's not too bad. I thought that the .desktop files were more complex than they actually were, but they're easily manageable. Was just hoping there was a simpler way to go about it, since creating a file per entry seems like a bit of overkill.

Board footer