You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-28 09:23:21

rich_o

[partly solved] screen + pinentry-curses problems

Hello,

i'm using extra/rxvt-unicode 9.05-1, extra/screen 4.0.3-5, core/ncurses 5.6-6 and extra/pinentry 0.7.3-2, LOCALE is set to "en_US.utf8" in rc.conf.
So i start screen. Everything seems fine, all keys work as expected, ncurses apps like mcabber or mutt look nice. $TERM is set to "screen" automatically by screen. Problems start with pinentry-curses. I can't use the backspace key in pinentry-curses and neither OK nor Cancel are highlighted when selected. If i set $TERM="rxvt-unicode" manually (what i don't want to do), those problems disappear, but i get graphical glitches in mcabber. Outside of screen, everything works fine with pinentry-curses.

I tried some term/termcap stuff in .screenrc, but without success (and to be honest, without knowing what those termcap lines mean). There are no problems, when starting screen from xterm.

Any ideas?

rich_o

Last edited by rich_o (2008-07-31 18:08:33)

#2 2008-07-28 10:50:35

leo2501

Re: [partly solved] screen + pinentry-curses problems

lol i have the exact kind of config (LOCALE is set to "en_US.utf8" in rc.conf, and i too tried the termcapinfo, etc, in screen with no success) and i have a similar problem, but mine is with screen+midnightcommander and scree+elinks, they start fine but after a while they show a black screen and the only way to get rid of them is to kill that screen

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-07-31 12:36:50

rich_o

Re: [partly solved] screen + pinentry-curses problems

ok,

highlighting the selected buttons in pinentry-curses still doesn't work, but i solved the backspace problem with

bindkey -k kb stuff ^H

in .screenrc.
Is it possible, that screen needs something like a proper /usr/share/terminfo/s/screen.rxvt-unicode-file to work flawless?

rich_o

Board footer