You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-01 19:17:32

TonyBurn
Website

Arch wont boot - modules.dep cant be found

Hi all,

My 'always on' arch build has been turned off recently due to a power cut and since when trying to boot I get a repeated message which goes something along the lines of:..

FATAL: could not load yadda/yadda/ 2.6.24-ARCH/modules.dep - no such file or directory

before being presented to a bash login.

From here I am unable to use the keyboard (usb, no ps/2 on unit) or any other device, also I am unable to ssh into the box.  I can boot up in 'Recovery Mode' in which the keyboard does work but I have no idea how to fic it from here.  Any help would be much appeciated!  I cant boot from a cd or anything as the unit doesn't have a cd drive, I can only use recovery mode.

Thanks.

#2 2008-08-02 10:34:16

TonyBurn
Website

Re: Arch wont boot - modules.dep cant be found

Baffled by this, although a new version of the kernel had been compiled the boot is still pointing to 2.6.24 which no longer exists.  Does anyone know where the modules path is defined on boot?

#3 2008-08-02 12:17:20

jleach

TonyBurn wrote:

Baffled by this, although a new version of the kernel had been compiled the boot is still pointing to 2.6.24 which no longer exists.  Does anyone know where the modules path is defined on boot?

Usually /lib/modules/

Try running 'depmod -a' to rebuild that module dir

#4 2008-08-02 19:36:19

TonyBurn
Website

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't seem to work, I had an error which I can't now remeber.  I've resorted to rebuilding the system since I then trashed my mbr trying different things etc etc. sad

Board footer