You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-02 10:11:11

Jaejae

BMPanel Issues

Just got BMPanel, it's looking very nice, however I have got a couple of problems.

transparencyip9.png
The transparency while using the "Arch" theme doesn't work, it appears white, as in the picture, when composite is set to "0", and it tells me that the tray cannot be used with composite mode enabled when I set it to "1", and I need a tray. The transparency still doesn't work with it enabled, although, instead of appearing white where it is supposed to be transparent, it is black.

trayal8.png
My second problem is that the tray icons are half above the panel, sticking out onto what is supposed to be the transparent part, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that, but I can see them getting in the way if I decide to use BMPanel as my full time panel.

Last edited by Jaejae (2008-08-02 10:12:52)

#2 2008-08-04 00:25:54

Square

Re: BMPanel Issues

The arch theme uses compositing. I doubt it's going to render well without a compositing desktop environment.

Not sure what to do about the tray, but I have an idea on the compositing.

If your graphics card can handle compositing, you might be able to use xcompmgr to get it to render properly (Kill bmpanel, then run xcompmgr before starting bmpanel again). This is, of course, if you don't have something else doing the compositing. You just have to make sure that you have the proper xorg configuration for it.

EDIT: Tested xcompmgr for properly rendering the arch bmpanel theme. Works here.

Last edited by Square (2008-08-04 00:26:03)

#3 2008-08-04 07:12:00

hBd
Website

Re: BMPanel Issues

works for me to!

Board footer