You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-03 13:55:16

onearm
Website

[solved]error "request-module:runaway loop modprobe binfmt - 464 c"

Hi,

after some weeks I thought of giving arch64 another try (mostly because of terrible performances of nvidia drivers) and installed it but at first boot I got:

request-module:runaway loop modprobe binfmt - 464 c

repeated 5 times and just after the mounting read-only of /
Using google it appears to be a mismatch between a module and the kernel version, being one 32bit and the other 64bit but even after chrooting from the livecd and compiling a new kernel with a new initrd image I still can't boot. I tried reinstalling grub too but without any success.
It's a new system so I haven't touched any files and I just installed the default list of packages from the cd.

Any ideas?

Last edited by onearm (2008-08-04 12:19:50)

To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three persons, two of them absent.
--
My Github

#2 2008-08-04 12:18:43

onearm
Website

Re: [solved]error "request-module:runaway loop modprobe binfmt - 464 c"

Ok I resolved it. It was a problem of partition labels, I have a boot partition labelled "Boot" (how strange smile ) and this confused grub in looking for the arch64 kernel to load there, only that I hadn't mounted that partition during installation and so I have the arch64 kernel under / . Mounting it correctly and moving the kernel in /boot fixed the error.

Last edited by onearm (2008-08-04 12:19:00)

To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three persons, two of them absent.
--
My Github

Board footer