You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-04 18:10:02

WhiteMagic

Awesome 3

Since the first release candidate of awesome 3 is out I thought I'd quickly compile it myself but when I saw the nice builddependency queue I set that aside. Sometime later I figured I'd just do it and since I'm using it on all my computers and I didn't want to compile the whole thing everywhere from scratch. The copying the built pkgs around whenever a new version comes out didn't seem like fun to me so I quickly set up a repository for myself to use.

I did this mainly because I didn't want to build from git and only use "released" version. This is also the reason why I don't have wicked or some of the other lua libraries for awesome in the repo, those already exist in aur.
Most PKGBUILDs I used can be found in aur or some other place but I simply put the toghether for me to use in the building of awesome.

Don't know if anyone else want's to use the compiled versions I made but if so feel free, just add the following to your pacman.conf

[awesome]
Server = http://www.camazotz.de/awesome/

The a simple pacman -Sy awesome3 should do the trick. Beware that awesome3 is set to conflict with awesome and it will pull cairo-xcb from the above repository which conflicts with the standard cairo.

I only compiled it for i686 since none of my machines runs 64bit, sorry for that. Also I compiled awesome with support for imlib2 instead of GdkPixBuf.
This are the first packages I put up so it might happen that something I made works for me but not for you, if so please say so and I'll try to fix it.

#2 2008-08-05 02:29:51

sand_man

Re: Awesome 3

So, what's awesome 3 like?

neutral

#3 2008-08-05 07:52:13

WhiteMagic

Re: Awesome 3

I'd say that on the "outside" it's the same as awesome2, which is a good thing and then internally it's more dynamic due to the lua config file. As far as I've come in my playing around it seems that you can interact more dynamically with it. Sofar I'm liking it even thought I didn't play with the more advanced stuff one can do I suppose.

Board footer