You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-04 23:38:35

archdave
Website

Trouble removing an activity?

So, I was tinkering around with the "cashew" and noticed the "Add Activity" option that becomes available when the widgets are unlocked.

From http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/FAQ I read that:
<quote>
How can I add/remove an activity?

Adding an activity: Zoom out from your current desktop view by clicking on the desktop view cashew (the icon in the top right corner) and selecting Zoom out. Clicking again on the cashew will show a new button, "Add Activity". Click on it to create a new desktop view.

Note: The "Add Activity", "Zoom in", and "Zoom Out" buttons are a little buggy in 4.1.0 and may disappear in certain situations. restarting plasma will bring them back.

This video shows how to add activities and move between them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhODrJkoidA

Removing an activity: Zoom out from your current desktop view, make sure it's not the current activity (otherwise select another one), then right-click on the activity you want to remove and choose the appropriate option.

Note: You must Unlock Widgets (Ctrl+L) before you can remove any activities.
</quote>

Ok, so be sure the activity you wish to remove IS NOT the current activity. Shift-Ctrl-N and Shift-Ctrl-P moves between activities.  So, the current activity is obviously the activity you just zoomed out from.  The above key sequences allow you to move to the Next and Previous activities.  Right click on the non-active activity and you should see the option to "Remove this desktop".  Worked for me, but it was hell trying to find out how to do this intuitively.  I just happened to get it right (you know, the old "one million monkeys typing at a keyboard" problem) and the above explanation finally made sense.

thumb-Remove-an-activity.png

Happy computing, folks!  And just stop fighting the future!

Last edited by archdave (2008-08-04 23:58:36)

Running GNU/Linux Arch (Core Dump) x86_64 on System Dell-a-zoid
on Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz

#2 2008-08-05 00:05:42

whargoul

Re: Trouble removing an activity?

Wow, that is so cool!

Arch - It's something refreshing

Board footer