You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-08 05:23:02

fivre

Openbox and Fluxbox theme specs

Is anyone familiar enough with whatever changes Openbox and Fluxbox have made to the *box theme spec to explain me the major differences?

#2 2008-08-08 06:31:23

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: Openbox and Fluxbox theme specs

fivre wrote:

Is anyone familiar enough with whatever changes Openbox and Fluxbox have made to the *box theme spec to explain me the major differences?

Hehe...I think that's asking quite a lot of someone when the information is at your fingertips already.  The official Openbox website has complete step-by-step documentation of it's theming specs.  I can't speak for Fluxbox, but there must be something similar for it as well.

The next major version of Openbox is also said to be doing away entirely with the X resource style themes.  Themes will be written in pure XML.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#3 2008-08-08 23:18:17

synorgy
Website

thayer wrote:

Themes will be written in pure XML.

Ick. I might just have to switch to PekWM for sure this time. I wasn't aware of that change.

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

#4 2008-08-08 23:50:07

DonVla

fivre wrote:

http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:Themes

thayer wrote:

The next major version of Openbox is also said to be doing away entirely with the X resource style themes.  Themes will be written in pure XML.

afaik there is a small script which "translates" existing themes automatically to xml.
ps: but i´m not finding it right now...

Last edited by DonVla (2008-08-08 23:57:23)

Board footer