You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-10 09:04:26

Kane

OSS4 and libflashsupport

Hi guys,
I've been using oss4 for a while now, imo it sounds better than alsa tongue but there has been one problem that gets really annoying.

libflashsupport is needed (afaik) for sound with flash and oss4, the sound works when its installed but at the start of each flash clip, for example on youtube, i get maybe half a second of what sounds like corrupted audio (its like a bzzzzzt with static noise).

Not only this but after playing a few videos firefox segfaults. I know its libflashsupport thats causing these as when its not installed (playing videos without sound) i dont get any such crashes.

I just installed the latest flash 10 beta from aur and this stops the static noise at the start of the very first video, but on subsequent videos the noise reappers (goes away again - for the first video - once firefox is restarted), and is much louder and longer (maybe 1-2 seconds) with flash 10 beta.
The crashing still occurs, but is once again fixed by removing libflashsupport.

So i guess what im asking is.... is there any other way to get sound out of flash with oss4 than using libflashsupport, or is there anyway to fix it tongue

Thanks
Kane

#2 2008-08-10 12:11:00

Kane

Re: OSS4 and libflashsupport

fixed it, downloaded flash player 7 (from adobes archives) which uses oss by default.
then simply modified the recent pkgbuild.

working perfectly big_smile although sound quality might be a little worse, not really noticeable though.

But if anyone has any other ideas to get the latest version working id be glad to hear them

Last edited by Kane (2008-08-10 12:24:11)

Board footer