You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-17 13:58:43

Verminoz
Website

Problems compiling KontrollerLab

Hi,
I am trying to compile KontrollerLab from the AUR but I have some problems.

First I got an error during execution of the configure script saying that mcopdil is missing and I should check if aRts is properly installed. I was able to bypass this with a --without-arts switch in PKGBUILD but I don't know if that is an error-free solution.
Anyway, the script started building KontrollerLab with tons of warnings. Compilation succeeded but there were errors in linking:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libkio.so.5, needed by /usr/lib/libktexteditor.so, may conflict with libkio.so.4
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libkdecore.so.5, needed by /usr/lib/libktexteditor.so, may conflict with libkdecore.so.4
kldocument.o: In function `KLDocument::KLDocument(KontrollerLab*)':
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x3d4): undefined reference to `KTextEditor::createDocument(char const*, QObject*, char const*)'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x3fa): undefined reference to `KTextEditor::editInterface(KTextEditor::Document*)'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x415): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EditInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x439): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EditInterfaceExt'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x45d): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EncodingInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x481): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::SelectionInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x4a4): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::SelectionInterfaceExt'
kldocument.o: In function `KLDocument::KLDocument(KontrollerLab*)':
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `KTextEditor::createDocument(char const*, QObject*, char const*)'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x60a): undefined reference to `KTextEditor::editInterface(KTextEditor::Document*)'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x625): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EditInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x649): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EditInterfaceExt'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x66d): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::EncodingInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x691): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::SelectionInterface'
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0x6b4): undefined reference to `typeinfo for KTextEditor::SelectionInterfaceExt'
kldocument.o: In function `KLDocument::activateCHighlighting()':
kldocument.cpp:(.text+0xb3a): undefined reference to `KTextEditor::highlightingInterface(KTextEditor::Document*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It is very important that I make this program work because I use it in my university project. Any ideas? Has anyone else succeeded in building KontrollerLab preferably for x86_64?

Thank you in advance.

Ohne Musik ware das Leben ein Irrtum

#2 2008-08-17 15:08:16

Stefan Husmann

Re: Problems compiling KontrollerLab

I guess you miss a dependency.  I do not use KDE, but I guess you need kdesdk (if you are on KDE 4.1).

#3 2008-08-18 10:29:02

Verminoz
Website

I use KDEmod 4.1 and I found that kdemod-kdesdk is installed, but not all of its packages, but still the same error comes up. Indeed it seems like a missing dependency.
How can I tell pacman to install the rest of the missing kdesdk packages without having to point them out one-by-one? It doesn't recognize kdemod-kdesdk as a group...

Ohne Musik ware das Leben ein Irrtum

#4 2008-08-18 20:00:32

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

It doesn't build because it's a kde3 apps but it tries to use the kde4 libraries. The ideal way would be to build it in a chroot. The easy way is to temporary remove kdelibs (pacman -Rd kdelibs), then build kontrollerlab, then reinstall kdelibs. BTW,  KontrollerLab should depend on kdelibs3, not kdebase.

Board footer