You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-18 11:17:25

haluzgauza

kdemod4 ark troubles [Solved]

First of all I must admit that this is actually my first time on the forum ... not only archlinux forum but forums in general.

I have a fresh install of Arch with kdemod4-complete as my DE ... everything works fine and I am quite happy with kde4.1 except one very frustrating issue - ARK
Every time I want to extract something I get either an error (zip) or nothing happens (targz).
The error with zip is "could not write to destination file" right after selecting the file I want to extract.
First I thought it some kind of permission problem so I gave perrmision to read and write globaly and to the subfolders too...no difference.
I have zip and unzip packages istalled and trough command line everything works fine its just not very effective so for the time being I am using xarchiver (although its for xfce it seems to work just fine)
Also there are no compress or extract right click menus in both dolphin and konqueror. (tried http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.ph … tent=84206 - got the menus but they do not work for some reason)
I would really appreciate any help in this cause it is very frustrating not to be able to extract or compress files in a manner of two clicks.

Last edited by haluzgauza (2008-08-25 08:35:17)

#2 2008-08-18 17:20:51

jofko

Re: kdemod4 ark troubles [Solved]

This can help you:

kdemod-extragear/kdemod-extragear-extractandcompress

#3 2008-08-19 07:07:37

signor_rossi

Have the same problems with ark, seems to be a bug then.....

#4 2008-08-19 07:21:12

haluzgauza

And indeed it did! The menus work fine. At first I was sceptical cause they seemed same as the ones I already tried. I guess I just did something bad installing them or these are better packaged. Thanks a lot, you made my life much easier now.
But one problem still remains although now I am not so dependend on it. Ark is still not working for me. Still the same message about "could not write to destination file" or nothing happens. Is it some bug? or do I need to change something in configuration for ark (is there even a configuration for ark somewhere?)
I find it somewhat annoying that file roller, sqeeze, xarchiver all work just fine and now even the menus work but ark is not. hmm
Can tell me someone what is wrong?

#5 2008-08-25 08:38:11

haluzgauza

After todays update of kdemod, Ark seems to work properly again. So I guess it was just a bug. My troubles solved and Xarchiver bye bye.

Board footer