You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-19 20:51:05

goundoulf
Website

First alternative skin for the Neuf Box 4 : Arch Linux skin !

Since the last firmware version of the Neuf Box 4, it is now possible to customize its web interface with skins.

As I've not seen any skin yet, I decided to make my own, base on the design of archlinux.org.

The result is here : Arch Linux skin for the NB4

with details on how to use it.

Tell me what you think smile

#2 2008-08-19 22:39:11

tigrmesh
IRC Op

Re: First alternative skin for the Neuf Box 4 : Arch Linux skin !

Would you be willing to post a larger image?  That one is so tiny that it is hard to see.  It seems like a great project, and from what I can see, it looks good.  big_smile

When I first read the description, "integrated access device" sounded like some corporate/marketing drivel.  But, it seems like a great device:  "DSL modem that supports ADSL, ADSL2+, and fiber connections. It also integrates a a WiFi access point and three-port Ethernet switch, an RJ-11 phone jack with analog-to-IP phone network adapter, a print server for USB printers (two host ports are provided), a USB device port for USB networking with a PC, and a special Ethernet port for connection to an available TV decoder box." 

Wow.

#3 2008-08-20 07:51:55

catwell
Website

It's the All-in-one internet box of a french ISP (Neuf Télécom) and it is indeed very interresting. I'm not sure it is possible to get one / use it outside of France though.

#4 2008-08-20 08:03:58

goundoulf
Website

in fact, it is the only DSL modem / router from a French ISP which can be bought separately in a shop (all others are rented to the customer, and has to be given back at the end of the contract)

so you can buy a Neuf Box 4 in a shop in France, and it's all yours, which means you can hack it, break it smile

its price is 70 Euros, and I've been looking at possibilities to buy one on the Internet from outside of France, but have found...

I've heard some people outside of France managed to get one through a friend living in France

and I've seen some on http://ebay.fr at times

#5 2008-08-21 07:40:43

goundoulf
Website

tigrmesh wrote:

Would you be willing to post a larger image?  That one is so tiny that it is hard to see.  It seems like a great project, and from what I can see, it looks good.  big_smile

i've posted a larger image at http://www.neufbox4.org/blog/archive/11 … neuf-box-4

Board footer