You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-23 15:11:46

sokuban

[solved?]scim problem

Is scim-tables broken now?

I wanted to go and learn Cangjie (a Chinese IME) because using pinyin for input isn't very effective. Only problem is that even if I enable it in scim it doesn't pop up as available.

I know for sure I have used it before, when I first installed scim it came with many languages I didn't need, so I unchecked them all except Smart Pinyin, Hangul Romaja, and Anthy. (I played around with them before I did so.)

Now it seems that those are the only ones that seem to work. (Actually English/European "other" works, but that is pretty useless for me and I have it off all the time) Those 3 come in a different seperate package, not with scim-tables.

Wait... something is wrong. "Hangul" and "Hanja" should work too. I highly doubt they were in the scim-tables package.

Then I guess it must be a scim problem.

I should note that earlier today, I tried to change the settings on the Smart Pinyin IME, but they didn't change. If I were to reopen the SCIM config, the reverted to normal.

But, if I reopen the SCIM config now... Cangjie is still checked. It just doesn't seem to work.

Also somewhat offtopic. But is there an IME pad for "mousewriting recognition". If I learn Cangjie this would be less of a problem, but I often find myself having to write complicated characters that are not supported by an IME. In windows you could trace it with your mouse to write it but I haven't heard of such a program for Linux.

EDIT: I made a new user, and sure enough they all work! I guess my SCIM configs on my main user are corrupted. Is it possible to copy over the configs from my new user to my main? (No, even when I copy over/delete my .scim folder the problem persists.)

EDIT2: Today I woke up, turned on my computer and hit Shift-Ctrl to type some Korean. On my way to switching to Hangul there was Cangjie. O_o No clue how it got there but it works.

Last edited by sokuban (2008-08-27 03:01:05)

Board footer