You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-26 03:58:49

cautha
Website

.Desktop files b0rked after switch to KDEmod4?

Some of you may recall my earlier post about Switching to a tiling WM from KDEmod. As it happens, I took an extended break from the Linux world and this hasn't happened yet. Until it does, I have some questions about KDEmod 4.1. (I couldn't resist trying it out, just for the heck of it.)

The first thing I noticed -- I haven't installed the "*-complete" package -- is that the icons under the Desktop folder-view widget don't seem to display correctly. Instead, "Home," "System" and "Trash"  appear with blue question-marks above them. I've tried changing the default icon set, but one or more of them will always show a "?". If there is no fix for this, can someone recommend a different icon set that will work?

Secondly, "Home" and "System" don't work at all, with "Trash" being the only one to do anything. I've concluded that the "system:/" protocol referred to in KDEmod3 isn't recognized any more, which explains why "System" won't work, but I have no idea why the .desktop file won't open my home directory when the link is set to $HOME. Is there something I'm missing here? (I really do miss being able to navigate to "system:/" and see a list of all of my partitions and removable media... is there a way to do this in KDEmod4?)

Thirdly, does this post make any sense? tongue

Thanks in advance!

Harry

P.S. Before I forget, is there something akin to the Show Desktop applet in KDEmod4?

Last edited by cautha (2008-09-03 16:26:26)

#2 2008-09-03 16:27:04

cautha
Website

Re: .Desktop files b0rked after switch to KDEmod4?

Bump?

Board footer