You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-02 17:12:52

patroclo7

terminus font without xorg.conf

Hi, since I have accidentally deleted my xorg.conf I am trying to run x without xorg.conf. I am very surprised tosay that everything works simply fine (including dri, 1333x768 widescreen resolutiion and touchpad; the keyboard layout can be easily configured with setxkbdmap in .xinitrc). The only problem concerns the paths of the fonts: xorg looks in /usr/share/fonts for all my fonts except those in /usr/share/fonts/local, where the terminus fonts are actually installed.
Thus I wonder if there is some way to tell xorg to look also there: perhaps a command to be put in .xinitrc to add the missing font path dinamically, or a way to change the default paths where it looks at startup.

Obviously I have also tried to create a xorg.conf with only the Section "Files" and the font paths, but then xorg is not autoconfigureed anymore and it fails because there is no devices in xorg.conf.

My last resort will be to modify the terminus-font PKGBUILD to put the fonts somewhere else, perhaps in /usr/share/fonts/misc, but I would prefer a cleaner way. And no, I do not want to rewrite my xorg.conf just for some fonts (and the tools to make a config file produce an unusable one in my system):)

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#2 2008-09-02 17:34:17

patroclo7

Re: terminus font without xorg.conf

Oh, I found it. It is enough to add this to .xinitrc:

xset fp+ /usr/share/fonts/local

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#3 2008-09-02 19:24:39

whargoul

Re: terminus font without xorg.conf

/me wonders if .Xdefaults could be used instead.

Arch - It's something refreshing

Board footer