You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-08 01:28:02

jordanwb

Something that may need to be changed

In this section: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI … _Installer It says that if I have an AMD processor I have to install Mesa. So since I have an intel chip I didn't install it. Later on after I typed "startx" I typed "glxinfo | grep direct" to output if Direct rendering was enabled. I got some command not found error. I typed "exit" to close X, I installed mesa, restarted X typed "glx-whatever" and it worked.

I didn't see this part:

If it says "direct rendering: yes" then you're good to go! If the glxinfo command is not found, you may need to install the mesa package as well.

I'm an idiot. But that section about the AMD chip should be removed.

Last edited by jordanwb (2008-09-08 01:31:13)

#2 2008-09-08 02:06:24

somedrew

Re: Something that may need to be changed

AFAIK that section is not referring to an AMP processor, but to the ATI/AMD driver as AMD bought ATI a little while ago. If that's the case though, yeah it could be somewhat unclear,  but the beauty of the wiki is that you can change it (add it to the discussion if you're not sure).

cheers,

Last edited by somedrew (2008-09-08 02:08:38)

#3 2008-09-08 02:16:18

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: Something that may need to be changed

As far as I can tell the wiki does not need to be changed.  The section on the ATI/AMD installer clearly states that it should not be used unless absolutely necessary.  It also clearly refers to the driver installer and speaks nothing of chipsets or processors.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Board footer