You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-11 19:19:18

mrunion
Website

[SOLVED] cairo-lcd and cairo-dock build issue

I am on a laptop and use the cairo-lcd package instaed of cairo from the repositories.  I don't know for sure that this is the problem, but I am trying to build cairo-dock from AUR and it says it can't find cairo-glitz.h.  I installed glitz, so that's there.

Bascially, I had to go into the cairo-lcd package and add "--enable-glitz" to the ./configure line to get it to work.  I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else had problems.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2008-11-21 13:37:01

LeoSolaris

Re: [SOLVED] cairo-lcd and cairo-dock build issue

Thank you!  I was wondering how to enable glitz for cairo-dock.

I have been working at installing cairo from AUR, and then from source, all night. Knowing that I am using cairo-LCD from AUR and it not having glitz support would have been nice about five or six hours back.  lol 

I think I have it fairly well boinked the install now, and I am about to simply reformat the partitions Arch is in and start all over from scratch. I can't figure out how to uninstall the source-installed cairo. There isn't an 'uninstall' executable included with the source code.

It is starting to feel like time to do that anyways. The jfs file system is bugging me with a good number of freezes. I am starting to feel like I am running Windows 95 here lately.

I keep getting distracted from my webserver project...

huh? oooh...  shiny!

Board footer