You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-14 17:08:01

HM

Dolphin not working after upgrading to Kdemod 4.1

Hello,

after upgrading from kdemod 3.5 to kdemod 4.1 according to the instructions on http://www.kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=891 I don't get Dolphin running. Starting from the terminal it gives me the following error:

dolphin
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::KDirWatchPrivate: Available methods:  ("Stat", "INotify")
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::addEntry: Added File "/home/huub/.local/share//user-places.xbel" NotExisting for "" ["KDirWatch-1"]
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: trying to use inotify for monitoring
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::addEntry: Added Dir "/home/huub/.local/share" for "/home/huub/.local/share//user-places.xbel" [""]
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: trying to use inotify for monitoring
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: inotify successfully used for monitoring
dolphin(15025)/kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::KBookmarkManager: starting KDirWatch for  "/home/huub/.local/share//user-places.xbel"
dolphin(15025)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-huub/ksycoca4"
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("trash:/")
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirLister) KDirLister::stop:
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirLister) KDirLister::stop:
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Reloading directory: KUrl("file:///home/huub")
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::addEntry: Added Dir "/home/huub" for "" ["KDirWatch-2"]
dolphin(15025)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::useINotify: inotify successfully used for monitoring
ASSERT: "(*it).isValid()" in file /home/sandsmark/kde41/kdelibs/src/kdelibs-4.1.1/kio/kio/previewjob.cpp, line 565
<unknown program name>(15024)/: Communication problem with  "dolphin" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

Finding hard om the web don't get me much further. Some posts give the hint that it could be related with nepomuk. I disabled it in system setting. However no change. Dolphin simply crashes everytime.:(  Could someone give me a clue? Or is this post more appropriate on http://www.kdemod.ath.cx? roll

Thanks in advance,

"Munyal deefan hayre"  - patience can cook a stone; Fulfulde proverbe (...and finally a xmonad.hs running smile )

#2 2008-09-16 22:11:28

HM

Re: Dolphin not working after upgrading to Kdemod 4.1

Hello archers,

I posted this issue also on Kdemod forum and I got the advice to file a bug report. So I did; it turned out to be a known bug and the solution was quite simple: just remove the dolphinrc file in your home directory.

rm ~/.kde4/share/config/dolphinrc

That's all wink

see you:cool:

"Munyal deefan hayre"  - patience can cook a stone; Fulfulde proverbe (...and finally a xmonad.hs running smile )

Board footer