You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-20 02:10:47

david

Package directory /src/core/pkg is missing! (solved)

I'm installing from archlinux-2008.06-ftp-x86_64.img on a usb stick.

"Step 1: Prepare Hard Drive" went fine, but when I go into "Step 2: Select Packages", I get the message:

Package directory /src/core/pkg is missing!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ahh, just noticed the "ftp" in that img name. Looks like I was using the wrong one. Trying again with the non-ftp img: everything OK now.

Last edited by david (2008-09-20 03:44:36)

#2 2009-04-17 03:09:57

na5m

Re: Package directory /src/core/pkg is missing! (solved)

if you're using K3b to burn your iso, be sure that before you click "Start" on the "Burn Image" page, you have the "core" iso selected and not the "ftp" iso. this sounds trivial, but there may be a minor bug in K3b. i double-clicked the "core" iso in Dolphin, which, of course, caused K3b to open. but instead of using the iso that i double-clicked, K3b used an iso image from a previous burn!

edit 1:  i guess i should tell you that i used Mandriva 2009.1 RC2 (KDE4) i586 to burn the arch iso.

Last edited by na5m (2009-04-17 03:12:30)

Let's go check out Hades!

#3 2009-07-01 07:11:14

Hallucinogenic

Re: Package directory /src/core/pkg is missing! (solved)

I am also having this problem right now. I am trying to install from a USB disk that was created using UNetbootin. Everything seemed to be going perfectly fine until it got to Step 2: Select Packages, when I was greeted with "Package Directory /src/cor/pkg is missing". I am using the core iso, not the ftp.

I know that this is identical to the problem originally posted here, but I haven't seen any answers that successful tackle the problem so far. I'm still a bit of a newbie, but I'm trying hard to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

(Edit: Sorry, didn't see that this was posted as solved. Didn't mean to bump up an old thread. It'd be awesome if anyone could still help though.)

(Edit Again: Embarrassingly enough, it turned out that my ISO was the ftp, not core. I was using the automatic install from UNetbootin, and it had not listed it as ftp, so I figured it wasn't. So all is well, and again sorry for bumping the post. I hope this would clear this up for anyone using UNetbootin's automatic usb install.)

Last edited by Hallucinogenic (2009-07-01 18:58:37)

Board footer