You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-23 21:40:56

idjut

Kopete and webcam

I installed kde to get kopete and webcam support. I don't have one myself, but I wanted to be able to receive a feed from my friend. Problem one was that my account was shown as offline no matter what I did. That wasn't a big problem as I had another account which showed as it was supposed to do. Now the problem was that when she offered me to watch the feed I didn't get a dialog box or anything, needless to say nothing showed.

On kopetes page I found this:

I can't receive any webcam stream from my buddies; what's wrong ?
MSN webcam support is not NAT-friendly. Check your NAT router and forward the MSN Webcam port to your computer port on which Kopete is listening for webcam (see Configure/Accounts/MSN/Connection).

How do I go forth with this? I don't understand how to forward the port and which port (how to find out).

Anyway, anyone else have problems with this and/or solutions to it?

Linux user #403491

"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." - E. A. Poe from Eleonora

#2 2008-09-23 23:26:49

venky80

Re: Kopete and webcam

ys in kde4 it doesnt work

Acer Aspire V5-573P Antergos KDE

#3 2008-09-24 21:44:45

idjut

Is kde4 just in testing then?

Linux user #403491

"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect." - E. A. Poe from Eleonora

#4 2008-09-25 16:24:00

venky80

I dont know all iam saying is that in kde4 or kdemod4 it does not work.
i am  using kdemod4

Acer Aspire V5-573P Antergos KDE

Board footer