You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-24 04:19:42

itsgregman

trouble compiling games from ABS and AUR (solved)

Hi I hope someone can help me. Ive downloaded the tar.gz for drascula from ABS unzipped it and when I try to run makepkg -s I get the error that scummvm 0.12 not found in sync db. I installed the scummvm from ABS manually same error. I then saw it was version 0.11.1 so I uninstalled it and downloaded the correct version from sourceforge. I installed it with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local then make then install. It installed sucessfully as it runs fine but I still recieve the same error when running makepkg -s. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by itsgregman (2008-09-24 16:12:04)

A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.    Ben Franklin

#2 2008-09-24 06:14:56

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: trouble compiling games from ABS and AUR (solved)

Welcome to the forums.

Since you installed it manually, pacman doesn't know it's there. The best way to this would have been to edit the scummvm PKGBUILD then install it with pacman. Usually you just need to change the pkgver line to the new version and comment out the md5sums line.

It's always best to use packages in Arch. You'll forever be running into problems like this if you don't.

#3 2008-09-24 16:11:39

itsgregman

Re: trouble compiling games from ABS and AUR (solved)

Thanks for the quick reply. That worked perfectly.

A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.    Ben Franklin

Board footer