You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-26 01:44:11

methuselah

xfce4 opens Firefox really ugly.

Every time I open Firefox 3, it looks this ugly while the page loads.

Screenshot-7-1.png

I also get ugly right click "xfce4 drop-down menu" sometimes with the same sideways breakage and tearing.

#2 2008-09-26 02:12:18

Wittfella

Re: xfce4 opens Firefox really ugly.

I also had this problem, and I found that it only happened when the desktop effects (shadows, transparency etc) were enabled.  When I disabled the composite effects in the settings, the tearing went away.

I don't know if its an issue with the xfce effects or something else.  For me I just suspected that my graphics card was strained and couldn't handle it (old laptop, 2mb on-board trident)

#3 2008-09-26 06:22:12

methuselah

Re: xfce4 opens Firefox really ugly.

Wittfella wrote:

I also had this problem, and I found that it only happened when the desktop effects (shadows, transparency etc) were enabled.  When I disabled the composite effects in the settings, the tearing went away.

I don't know if its an issue with the xfce effects or something else.  For me I just suspected that my graphics card was strained and couldn't handle it (old laptop, 2mb on-board trident)

Yeah, I turned compiz off and "xfce4 w/ compositing" was still doing it. Then I turned the xfce4 compositing off and it loaded correctly.

I wish someone could fix this. It used to happen on my Celeron M laptop, and now it still happens on my Turion 64x2 TL-60 with 4GB of ram. It should load like thunar or nautilus...... all at once with no tearing or breakage.

Board footer