You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-27 19:53:06

manx

Help with AWESOME 3 windows placement

Hi,

Whenever i open any application in AWESOME 3 i get the top of the application window clipped behind the status panel. So for instance, Firefox will have all it's menu items unviewable. I have show title bar set to false in my rc.lua script. Anyone know how i can get windows placed immediately beneath the status bar??

Thanks!

#2 2008-09-28 09:24:37

WhiteMagic

Re: Help with AWESOME 3 windows placement

If the window is floating then this behaviour is due to a bug in xcb-util 0.3.0, which apprently has already been fixed in the git version of it. If this happens in any of the other layouts then I don't know why this would happen.

#3 2008-09-28 17:40:49

manx

WhiteMagic wrote:

If the window is floating then this behaviour is due to a bug in xcb-util 0.3.0, which apprently has already been fixed in the git version of it. If this happens in any of the other layouts then I don't know why this would happen.

Yeah, i have major issues with firefox which is the only app i have floating, and no title bar set. I have got around the problem by moving the tag/task panel to the bottom. I know that Awesome is still heavily under development and the move to lua configs needs time to adapt to, and i'm still trying to find all the documentation i can about how to configure it properly.

Thanks for your reply.

#4 2008-09-29 00:47:10

heleos

I have the same problem with pidgin windows! But i'm using the git version of xcb-util and the problem still occurs

#5 2008-09-29 03:10:35

manx

Is there anyway that you can get Awesome-3 to remember an apps window position and geometry either by setting it via keybindings or options within rc.lua? In Fluxbox you can just r-click on a window and set its position and size on the fly. Tf this feature doesn't exist it would be a welcome addition, especially for floating apps.

Board footer