You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-27 20:17:51

feminaexlux
Website

[SOLVED] WINE has no more support for xinput?

Short version: WINE programs no longer have pressure sensitivity. Tablet works fine in non-WINE programs like GIMP.

I hope this falls under multimedia because my Windows graphics programs (Artrage, Photoshop) don't have pressure sensitivity any more. I've checked with GIMP and Xournal, xinput works fine there, though they are drastically less sensitive than their Windows counterparts (unfortunately). Unless there's a patch that makes GIMP understand more than 256 levels of pressure, I think I'll stick to photoshop. sad

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there is experiencing the same thing (I'm using a Wacom Tablet, though I do have that newish 12WX cintiq). I definitely was using Photoshop and Artrage through WINE perfectly before, pressure sensitivity and even tilt was great.

But now, I have no idea what happened. Is there something wrong with the WINE configuration, you think? Or is it my best bet just to downgrade WINE or update the linuxwacom drivers (to the beta)?

Thanks in advance,
feminaexlux

PS. WINE is 1.1.5, Linuxwacom is 8.0.3

Last edited by feminaexlux (2008-09-27 22:30:00)

Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

#2 2008-09-27 22:29:37

feminaexlux
Website

Re: [SOLVED] WINE has no more support for xinput?

Guess it was a wine bug. Compiled Wine 1.1.4 from source, and things are now working as they should.

I hate regression! hmm

Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

#3 2008-09-27 22:33:25

kensai
Website

Yeah, the path we choose to follow is going to introduce regressions now and then, but I still think is the best way to go.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#4 2008-09-28 06:05:26

Dheart

You could report the bug at wine's bugzilla as regression...

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

Board footer