You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-28 00:24:04

HoZ

Display power management and kdemod

Monitor power management worked as it should with kdemod 4.1.1-1.  After installing the kdemod screensaver packages, however, my monitor stays on constantly.  The screensavers work fine.  I have checked the KDE settings dialog to verify everything is set correctly.  I also verified that I do have "DPMS" enabled in xorg.conf.  Yet, my monitor will not power itself off.  Any ideas what may be causing this or what else to check?

Thanks

#2 2008-10-07 13:47:07

vytalelementz

Re: Display power management and kdemod

I now have a similar issue in gnome. My monitor used to shut down after being idle for a certain amount of time. Now it does not shut down like it is supposed to. The screen saver functions correctly as it should. I went to double check my settings and everything was as I left it. I also tried adjusting it to an earlier time and nothing changes. Was there any recent updates that might have triggered this behavior?

Last edited by vytalelementz (2008-10-07 13:48:12)

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

#3 2008-10-27 14:39:21

HoZ

I have also noticed that if I disable my screensaver, monitor power control starts working again.  When I re-enable screensavers, power control stops working again.  So, I would quess that the problem lies somewhere in the interaction of these two functions.  However, I have no idea how these overlap with each other.

#4 2008-12-11 10:13:31

quantumphaze

This is still not working in KDEmod 4.1.3. I can confirm that killing the screensaver makes it work.

When I run:

xset  dpms force off

...the screen goes black/off for about 3 sec then comes on to show the screensaver.

I am using an Intel 945GM. Is anyone having the same problem with a different card or in vanilla KDE?

▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

Board footer