You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-05 00:41:52

fuscia

dwm shortcut help

all i need is to put in some shortcuts for opera and gimp, but i can't figure out how to write them (it seems there have been some changes as what i've tried used to work).

here's what i've tried...

{ MODKEY,                       XK_o, spawn,          {opera } },

the problem seems to be with "opera", as the rest of it is the same as all the other shortcuts.

Last edited by fuscia (2008-10-05 00:42:47)

#2 2008-10-06 11:24:41

mentallaxative
Website

Re: dwm shortcut help

Hi,

I am still using dwm 5.0.1, so I am not sure if this applies to the newest 5.2. I made my own shortcut in config.h to a personal script for switching wallpapers by copying the code for spawning xterm and dmenu and substituting in the path to my script.

static const char *wlp[] = { "/home/niloc/bin/wallpaper.sh", NULL };

{ MODKEY|ShiftMask,        XK_o,      spawn,       {.v = wlp } },

#3 2008-10-22 05:18:02

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: dwm shortcut help

fuscia wrote:

all i need is to put in some shortcuts for opera and gimp, but i can't figure out how to write them (it seems there have been some changes as what i've tried used to work).

I hadn't touched dwm in about a year, but noticed the same thing this week.  It looks like all executions are first assigned to variables now and the variables are passed to the shortcuts. Seems a bit overkill to me, but I have yet to find an alternative method that works. Where's Ashren when you need'em smile

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Board footer