You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-07 10:57:22

Andrew
Website

Problems with DevIL

I'm having problems compiling code that uses the DevIL library - it all compiles hunky dory on Ubuntu, but I can't seem to figure out why it won't compile on Arch..

This is the output I'm getting:

[andrew@poker demo]$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o /home/andrew/Programming/spiral/src/Surface.o -c -g -Wall -I../src -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL /home/andrew/Programming/spiral/src/Surface.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/allegro.h:71,
                 from /usr/include/IL/ilut.h:188,
                 from /home/andrew/Programming/spiral/src/Surface.cpp:6:
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:92: error: declaration of C function 'fix operator+(fix, int)' conflicts with
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:91: error: previous declaration 'fix operator+(fix, fix)' here
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:93: error: declaration of C function 'fix operator+(int, fix)' conflicts with
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:92: error: previous declaration 'fix operator+(fix, int)' here
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:94: error: declaration of C function 'fix operator+(fix, long int)' conflicts with
/usr/include/allegro/fix.h:93: error: previous declaration 'fix operator+(int, fix)' here

...followed by about 100 more lines of similar nature.

Any ideas?

#2 2008-10-07 12:56:14

robmaloy

Re: Problems with DevIL

diff /usr/include/allegro.h of your arch setup with your ubuntu one's and post the output +  both files here

☃ Snowman ☃

Board footer