You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-11 04:54:06

PandaMine

[SOLVED] XMonad + Float + Spawn

Im currently configuring my xmonad.hs, I have just spent an hour going through the XMonad API and contribs however I am still stuck sad

Im trying to figure out if its possible to float a window that has just been spawned by a key binding. I initially didn't want to use a hook since that will effect every instance of the window (since the command goes through xterm, I don't want every xterm to float)

The line is

, ((modm    , xK_m), spawn (myTerminal ++ " -e ncmpc") )

What I essentially want to do is to spawn a terminal and float it at the same time. What this means I can press Mod+M and see my music playlist tongue (without it splitting the current windows)

Last edited by PandaMine (2008-10-11 10:43:41)

#2 2008-10-11 10:43:09

PandaMine

Re: [SOLVED] XMonad + Float + Spawn

dw, already solved by hooking

#3 2008-10-11 11:02:56

moljac024

Re: [SOLVED] XMonad + Float + Spawn

Of course, you could just set a different wm name/class for the terminal with the playlist and tell Xmonad to float it that way. Much simpler wink
But you couldn't do that if your terminal emulator doesn't support it, though. I know gnome-terminal does, probably most others do too..

EDIT: I see you're using xterm, have you tried the -name and -class arguments ?

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-10-11 11:04:53)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Board footer