You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-11 23:27:48

saciel

need a convenient method to record ALL sound in- and output

Here's what I'm going to do: I'm working for a small music magazine and I'm going to be responsible for some of the interviews from now on. As they are often done by telephone I'm planning to use Skype, as it's a cheap method to call to foreign countries.

Now I need a simple and convenient method to record these calls for later review. I tried using 'arecord', but it takes sound from the capturing device set in 'alsamixer', which is either the microphone or the mixer (general sound output). However it has to be the microphone, otherwise I cannot talk in Skype.

So, 'arecord' is going to record the device which is set to capture, which is the microphone, so, I'm only getting my voice recorded, but not that of the interviewee.

It would be ok to have something that just records all audio output (independently of what's set in alsamixer) as I usually redirect the microphone to the output as well as I wouldn't hear me that well with the headset on. Commandline-tools would be prefered.

They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!

Board footer