You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-16 13:28:51

Sin.citadel

Arch Install Problems (Grub related)

i have Vista installed, and my drive partitioned, so that there are 3 primary partitions (1 for Vista, 2 for Arch with swap), i booted the liveCD and installed Arch on my hard drive.

Now, in the installation menu, the last step is to install grub, i cant seem to install grub, whenever it automatically tries to install grub on either MBR or the linux Partition itself, it says that the there is an incorrect filesystem, now, my hard disk was initially partitioned by vista, so i dont know why it isnt detecting it, i formatted the partition using mkfs.ext3 but even after formatting, when i fdisk -l, the partitions that fdisk shows still says the linux partition in in fact FAT16, I have another drive formatted as ext3 and used by other distro, fdisk shows that drives partition as Linux, but doesnt show the hard drive mkfs formatted system as Linux (same with swap, still shows that as FAT16). it should however say that its a Linux Filesystem, but it doesnt, can anyone help?

Because of this, grub says that the partition is an incorrect filesystem, i checked with grub, and it was easily able to detect the FAT32 partition in my drive, but not any other (maybe it cant work with NTFS), so any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Sin.citadel (2008-10-16 13:30:46)

Board footer