You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-16 22:19:16

sveinemann

Asus Eee 900 wifi problem + webcam problem!

Right now Im using kernel-eee, but the thing is. I would like to use the standard kernel, because the current kernel wont be updated. When I use the normal kernel, the latest one trough pacman the wifi doesnt work? Why? It works perfectly fine with kernel-eee. Its just a module right? madwifi-eee-svn is the one im using now, custom thing. Found the repo in the wiki, that version only works on the custom kernel-eee.

The other problem is with the webcam, I now it works under linux ofc because of Xandros...What module do I need for the camera? Ive heard it works out the box with fedora, but i didnt find out what module :s Anywho, is says i have to put 1 in the file /proc/acpi/asus/webcam for it to work. But i cant find that folder? So something is missing.
There, the problem exist with both kernels.

Im happy with kernel-eee, it is *.27 so it is up to date, and cpu scaling works with it. the problem seems to have a module problem, it spits out that it cant find the mod.dep file or something when it boots. I doesnt find any of the modules listed in the rc.conf file, they are all reported as missing during boot. But they are apperently found, if not nothing would work.

#2 2008-10-17 01:48:06

rsambuca

Re: Asus Eee 900 wifi problem + webcam problem!

I am using the regular Arch kernel.  For wifi, I have been using madwifi-newhal-svn from the AUR - I had to blacklist the module ath5k in rc.conf.  I don't remember doing anything special, so I am pretty sure that the webcam worked out of the box.  It works very well with Skype.

#3 2008-10-17 04:02:39

sveinemann

Re: Asus Eee 900 wifi problem + webcam problem!

lol, it works. Some apps crash, like cheese when they try to access it. Amsn worked.

Board footer