You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-18 12:28:33

kjon

Elantech Touchpad --- I need a Kernel voodoo or a code shinigami =D

Hi people.

Well, I know my way around arch --that's for sure--, however one of the most traumatic experiences I've encouraged was to try to compile the kernel by hand when I was running gentoo in one of my past lives (I died long ago of 'compilation-aché' big_smile)...

Anyway, back to the point, I'm a n00b on those topics which I need to go deeper than /usr/src/linux, and I would like to know if the trustworsty and wise arch community is willing to help me in the understanding of applying the elantech touchpad patch (arjan.opmeer.net/elantech) to my kernel source. I would like to know what I need to do without recompiling everything...

Thanks for your patience guys.

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#2 2008-10-18 15:45:56

kjon

Re: Elantech Touchpad --- I need a Kernel voodoo or a code shinigami =D

anybody there?

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#3 2008-10-18 23:38:26

kjon

I give up then...

#4 2008-10-25 02:45:22

otisranson

Hey, I hope you get this and haven't given up.

I never had any luck with my Elantech touchpad, but you will have to patch the kernel, then recompile. There isn't a way that I know of to not recompile the kernel and still have the features you want.

Compiling a kernel is pretty easy from my experiences. It can be tedious, but use lspci, then config off that.

Good luck!

I stole how to patch the kernel from the gentoo wiki, but it's down at the moment. You might be able to find the syntax on google.com or something. I can't remember it.

#5 2008-10-26 18:54:52

kjon

okay, thanks for the message.

Sorry for the delay. I had some issues with my ISP.

Board footer