You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-20 00:28:30

domanov

[ Solved ] R 2.7.2 fails to load some packages

Hi,

I was trying to install some R package from CRAN. For example "Hmisc" or "sp". Installation (through install.packages() ) was ok, but then ...

> library("sp")
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  impossibile caricare libreria condivisa '/mnt/data2/Rlib/sp/libs/sp.so':
  /mnt/data2/Rlib/sp/libs/sp.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
Errore: caricamento pacchetto/namespace fallito per 'sp'

> library("tripack")
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  impossibile caricare libreria condivisa '/mnt/data2/Rlib/tripack/libs/tripack.so':
  /mnt/data2/Rlib/tripack/libs/tripack.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
Errore in library("tripack") : .First.lib fallita per 'tripack'                                             

Other packages were successfully loaded, such as:
> library("RUnit")
> library("RColorBrewer")

Any hint/clue on what's happening? Anyone else using R out there?

domanov

Last edited by domanov (2008-10-20 01:05:06)

#2 2008-10-20 01:01:00

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [ Solved ] R 2.7.2 fails to load some packages

I have no problems...

> R CMD INSTALL sp_0.9-26.tar.gz
> R
> library("sp")
>

You probably just need to rebuild it against the current version of your system libraries.

#3 2008-10-20 01:11:19

domanov

Allan wrote:

I have no problems...

> R CMD INSTALL sp_0.9-26.tar.gz
> R
> library("sp")
>

You probably just need to rebuild it against the current version of your system libraries.

Yo, nevermind, it was my fault. As you probably saw in my first post, I installed the R packages as normal user (not root) in a partition mounted as /mnt/data2. I just had to add 'exec' to that partition's fstab entry, remount, and the problem was solved. My bad: I've lost 2 hours trying to figure it out (complete reinstallation of R and of a bunch of packages, which is not so fast on my old machine).

Bye, happy useRs!

#4 2008-10-20 01:20:09

SiC

LMAO lol I had the same problem when trying to install MATLAB, I had noexec as one of the options for /dev/sr0, hence couldn't run the installer. Spent hours trying to figure it out, and couldn't understand why it worked on my desktop but not the laptop.... Took me days to figure it out, wasn't until I added an entry for USB drive that I noticed it. roll

Last edited by SiC (2008-10-20 01:20:47)

Board footer