You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-20 11:32:44

GERGE
Website

[Solved]Problem with Openbox , HAL , DVD and PcmanFM

My Openbox&PcmanFM setup does not automount(does not even recognise) my dvds. My dvds mount to '/media/dvd' folder if I use 'pmount dvd' command. But I am still unable to see them in PcmanFM sidepane. When I login to my root account everything works fine. Strangely, if I logout from root and login to my user account, they continue to work fine. But after a reboot, they don't work again. My user is in optical, hal and storage groups. And this one is my second user account. I deleted the first one when migrating to Openbox from Gnome.

Edit: I am a very stupid person. I had disabled hal polling when using Gnome. All I need to the was to write in root console:

hal-disable-polling --device /dev/scd0 --enable-polling

Three days of hair destroying linux rituals, and it was this.

Last edited by GERGE (2008-10-23 12:03:46)

#2 2008-10-21 00:46:30

lunch_box

Re: [Solved]Problem with Openbox , HAL , DVD and PcmanFM

I am running openbox with pcmanfm and hal and dvd's seem to mount automatically. I am members of the same groups, and "hal" is a member of optical floppy and storage. As I'm pretty new to arch, my only suggestion is to check that HAL is running. Did you add it to ur /etc/rc.conf?

#3 2008-10-21 12:41:11

GERGE
Website

Yes, hal is running.

My first user account was running fine. I backtraced every thing I've done since I changed my DE. I found out that my problem was Slim. I installed GDM again, and voila! Everything's fine.

But I still can't understand the problem. Slim was good with my first account ?!?

#4 2008-10-21 23:44:43

mvdvarrier

Hello GERGE,
Try to install & run "fam" daemon in the background. PcmanFM is always needs fam daemon running.
Wish U good luck!

mvdvarrier

mvdvarrier is a Warrior; Born to Expedite!!!

#5 2008-10-22 08:49:39

GERGE
Website

I were using gamin. I will take a look to fam+slim.

Board footer