You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-20 17:36:01

uorbe001

[SOLVED] Gtk theme doesn't work after update

Hi, after todays update my gtk theme has broken, and when I try to open the "Appearance preferences" it gives me this error:

Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager.

I update everyday, so it has to be something updated on the last 24 hours and before updating  I got a message asking me to replace gail with gtk2 (I said yes), although I don't know if it may be related. Any way to fix it? I don't really care about the theme but it is'n confortable to get that message every time I open the appearance prefferences and I think it may be related.

thanks!!

Edit: Ok, I've noticed some more stuff, some keybindings I had configued aren't working anymore, and when I run gnome-settings-daemon in a terminal I get this:

** ERROR **: You can only run one xsettings manager at a time; exiting

aborting...
Aborted

Last edited by uorbe001 (2008-10-20 22:08:08)

#2 2008-10-20 19:45:25

Mr. X

Re: [SOLVED] Gtk theme doesn't work after update

i noticed the same problem a few minutes ago...

#3 2008-10-20 20:14:28

uorbe001

Re: [SOLVED] Gtk theme doesn't work after update

Mr. X wrote:

i noticed the same problem a few minutes ago...

I've just installed gnome 2.24 from testing  and it works right now, although the theme is still broken and I can't get my bluetooth adaptor working and gnome-do is unable to run any program...

Board footer