You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-24 15:50:27

Ronin-Sage
Website

Using deb/rpm installer scripts with ArchLinux?

I'm having an issue with installing some education software from a CD-ROM(LPL Symbolic Logic stuff), and although it supports Linux, the software is installed via either one of two installer scripts, one for dpkg and one for rpm. Since I have neither under Arch', I get these messages when running the shell scripts:

[...]
. extracting DEBs
. installing DEBs
lpl-2_5_0-linux-deb-installer: line 23: dpkg: command not found
[...]

...and the rpm one:

[...]
. extracting RPMs
. installing RPMs
lpl-2_5_0-linux-rpm-installer: line 23: command not found
[...]

It should be noted that I can't simply edit the install scripts or something, as it extracts the deb/rpm files from one of the only three files on the CD(and NOT the Internet): the installer scripts(the third file is the readme, which doesn't help in this case, if you're wondering).

Any information on how to get this program installed without having to resort to using WINE or my XP partition would be greatly appreciated.:/

#2 2008-10-24 16:38:57

Ronin-Sage
Website

Re: Using deb/rpm installer scripts with ArchLinux?

N/M, actually found out how to get it the raw rpm(or deb) files thanks to someone on the IRC channel(sorry, forgot your name already ><). If anyone somehow was in the same predicament, just comment out the lines with rpm and rm -rf in the script, run it, and change to the /tmp/extract.[whatever] directory and the files should be there.

Board footer