You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-24 17:52:23

mschmarck

Cursor-Up invokes gnome-screenhot, taking a screenshot

Hello.

Yesterday I did a "pacman -Syu", which updated a lot of packages; among those were quite some Gnome updates to 2.24.1. On http://paste.archlinux-br.org/587 you can see an excerpt of the pacman.log file.

When I now press <Cursor-Up>, the gnome-screenshot program is run.

This also happens with a new test user, who does not have any user specific settings. So it's NOT because of something that I have configured in my normal user account. It also happens, when I use a default Xorg configuration (ie. when I run Xorg, after having deleted my /etc/X11/xorg.conf). This shows, that it's also not because of something that I might have (mis-)configured in xorg.conf.

I'm using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2010 notebook with a German keyboard layout. I also tried using an external USB connected Logitecht keyboard - same problem.

What's going on there? How to make Gnome useable again (assuming that it was useable before wink )?

Cheers,
Michael

#2 2008-10-24 17:54:33

lucke

Re: Cursor-Up invokes gnome-screenhot, taking a screenshot

Try removing xf86-input-evdev. Just my gut feeling.

Last edited by lucke (2008-10-24 17:55:20)

#3 2008-10-24 18:52:03

mschmarck

Re: Cursor-Up invokes gnome-screenhot, taking a screenshot

lucke wrote:

Try removing xf86-input-evdev. Just my gut feeling.

Absolutely correct smile I can now push cursor-up all day long, and have no problems at all smile

Having had a look at a Xorg.log from a broken X session, I saw that another keyboard with a us layout got added, because of hal.

How would I need to configure hal, so that it works correctly?

Thanks,
Michael

Board footer