You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-24 18:56:23

DarkJoker

thunar as default file manager

Hi, i've installed today kdemod and now the default file manager in gnome is konqueror. I used thunar and i want to put it back to default file manager. I've found this tuturial but i can't execute the command sudo. i've already add my user trought visudo but i doesn't apear on /etc/sudoers so when i try to run sudo when it asks me the password even if I put the root password it doesn't allow me to execute the command.. Any sugestion to solve the problems?? I really want to get back thunar to default manager.

cumps

#2 2008-10-24 21:13:32

ChoK

Re: thunar as default file manager

What is your user name and the output of cat /etc/sudoers ?
With sudo you should use your user password not your root password

You can also use the "su" command built-in linux,
typing "su" or "su root" prompt a root password query dialog and then gives you a root terminal

sudo is a mean to gain root privilege that's all, you can follow the tuto without it.

Edit : I haven't see that actually sudo is called in the scripts
you can edit the script removing calls to sudo. and run them as root
the part with aptitude is ubuntu specific, it's their package manager like pacman is ours
so adapt the command accordingly

Also maybe archlinux doesn't put gnome .desktop like ubuntu
use the locate command to find it
example "locate nautilus" or "locate nautilus |grep /usr/share" (to limit the result to /usr/share if you have too much result)
if you had just installed something and want to look for it don't forget to run "updatedb" beforehand

Last edited by ChoK (2008-10-24 21:24:29)

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

Board footer