You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-30 20:05:38

ambalex

calendar software (iCal) to use under openbox

Hi!
It would be helpful and useful for me to find an application where I can export/import my web-based Calendars to/from.
The thing is, I prefer to use a simple WM (openbox in this case) than a DE (no gnome, no KDE). I've looked in the packages (also under AUR) and I found none suitable.
I might try xfce, but orage doesn't support import/export of iCal.
Any idea?

#2 2008-10-30 22:23:42

GERGE
Website

Re: calendar software (iCal) to use under openbox

I am using Thunderbird here but I also would like to have a light alternative.

#3 2008-10-31 00:49:07

dschrute

A good place to start may be :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ap … ar_support

At least some of them are available as packages...Sunbird, Claws mail, Mulberry, Thunderbird/Lightning.

#4 2008-10-31 03:11:11

elmer_42

Very nicely Googled, dschrute (I am right in assuming "Dwight" is short for D-Money, 'cause that's what I wrote on your save the date).

Personally, I use Google Calendar for all my calendar-ing needs, and according to Mr. Schrute's list, it supports iCalendar.

[ lamy + pilot ] [ arch64 | wmii ] [ ati + amd ]

#5 2008-10-31 22:19:00

dschrute

(I am right in assuming "Dwight" is short for D-Money, 'cause that's what I wrote on your save the date).

Indeed.  I actually like Kevin better, but Schrute is too good of a name to not use it for online accounts...

Personally, I use Google Calendar for all my calendar-ing needs, and according to Mr. Schrute's list, it supports iCalendar.

I use that as well, and was also using Thunderbird/Lightning to access my caledars via gcaldaemon ( http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/ ), but it ( gcaldaemon ) seems to be broken, at least for me.

#6 2008-10-31 22:24:27

Xappe

dschrute wrote:

I use that as well, and was also using Thunderbird/Lightning to access my caledars via gcaldaemon ( http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/ ), but it ( gcaldaemon ) seems to be broken, at least for me.

hmm, have you tried the lightning extension "Provider for google calendar", that's what I use and it works very well.

vanum est vobis ante lucem surgere

#7 2008-11-01 00:12:28

dschrute

hmm, have you tried the lightning extension "Provider for google calendar", that's what I use and it works very well.

I haven't used Lightning to connect directly to Google.  I was using gcaldaemon to get both the calendar and Addressbook via LDAP.  I'll give it a shot.

#8 2008-11-03 12:17:07

ambalex

so for for the calendar software, I just found out that sunbird does it smile
now, in order to sync with my horde calendar on a server, a wiki page tells me i need php4-pear. i connot find such a package, is it available under arch?

Board footer