You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-03 11:13:58

alleyoopster

ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start after upgrade

After an upgrade and realising too late that disk space was running low I am left with a few problems.

I have a problem on boot up with dbus reporting error in file shaman.conf and failed to start and when trying to install anything I receive the errors below.

I have uninstalled the whole of KDEmod (4) as this was mostly what was being upgraded and reinstalled various things and do a certain degree things are better now. I am back into a graphical desktop (without dbus), but I want to know if there is a way forward with all these errors.

I have also tried

pacman -Qo

on the files, but I get

error: No package owns /usr/lib/libpartitionmanagercore.so

Looked at the other threads on this problem and didn't really help. thanks for any input.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpartitionmanagercore.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkateinterfaces.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetagui.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libknodecommon.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzcore.so.9 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_cervisia.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kmix.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparedialogpages.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0.12.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libavogadro-kalzium.so.0.8.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_cvsaskpass.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncserver.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetagui.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggz.so.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggz.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkstartperf.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzgames.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libknodecommon.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libnova-0.12.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactinterfaces.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparediff2.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzcore.so.9.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncclient.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkiten.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolfprivate.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommanderwidgets.so.4.2.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetacore.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkmahjongglib.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpartitionmanagergui.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommandercore.so.4.2.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkateinterfaces.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncclient.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libqalculate.so.4.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_cvsservice.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparediff2.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libklinkstatuscommon.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncclient.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkmahjongglib.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libktrace.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libqalculate.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdegames.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdegames.so.5.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcln.so.5.0.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkompareinterface.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncserver.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libSatLib.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommandercore.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolfprivate.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvncserver.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsbigudrv.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkompareinterface.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsuperkaramba.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgsl.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparediff2.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggznet.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsbigudrv.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommandercore.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcompoundviewer.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommanderwidgets.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggznet.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkmahjongglib.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcompoundviewer.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kweatherreport.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkstartperf.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzmod.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetacore.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libklinkstatuscommon.so.4.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkateinterfaces.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggz.so.2.3.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzmod.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcompoundviewer.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcln.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzcore.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactprivate.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactinterfaces.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkalarm_resources.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactinterfaces.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolourpaint_lgpl.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkommanderwidgets.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzgames.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libantlr.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzmod.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libnova.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsbigudrv.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsuperkaramba.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libknodecommon.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkalarm_resources.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggznet.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libnova-0.12.so.1.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzmod.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactprivate.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libcln.so.5 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libSatLib.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkalarm_resources.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzmod.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libavogadro-kalzium.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparedialogpages.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolourpaint_lgpl.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libktrace.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetagui.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libSatLib.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libktrace.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libqalculate.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkiten.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkompareinterface.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkggzgames.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkstartperf.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkontactprivate.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libggzmod.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkomparedialogpages.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libantlr.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libklinkstatuscommon.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kate.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libsuperkaramba.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolourpaint_lgpl.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/liboktetacore.so.4.1.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkiten.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libantlr.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkdegames.so.5 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libavogadro-kalzium.so.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libkolfprivate.so.4 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

#2 2008-11-03 11:30:11

ftornay

Re: ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start after upgrade

I got the same problem. I posted a different thread about at the same time as you posted this. Then I tried to flush the pacman cache and now I have another error when updating "abs needs rsync" as I further explain in the thread I initiated.

Note: in my other thread I didn't mention I started getting these errors after I began using kdemod 4.1. but that was what happened.

#3 2008-11-03 11:39:50

alleyoopster

I am fairly sure my problem was disk space related. Due to the size of the KDE4 upgrade the disk space ran out and hence the current problem.

Not sure about the abs problem, can you post link for the other thread?. thanks

#4 2008-11-03 11:43:22

Allan
Pacman
Website

Try to clear up the some space in your root partition (possible the pacman cache - but take not what you need for the next suggestion). Then re-install the packages giving the errors with ldconfig and hopefully things will get fixed...

#5 2008-11-03 11:47:06

ftornay

Link to my thread, in case it's useful:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=58239

Cheers

#6 2008-11-03 11:59:08

alleyoopster

thanks Allan

diskspace is good  (/dev/sda2             6.5G  3.9G  2.3G  63% /) and cache was cleared, but the problem persists.  The list of files with the ELF file error is huge. Using pacman -Qo on the file says no file owns the package.  Is there an easy way to reinstall a big group of packages like this?

#7 2008-11-03 12:09:29

Allan
Pacman
Website

Many of those look KDE related,  maybe reinstall KDE.  Other that that, you can file lists from you mirror.  e.g. http://ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686/ … les.tar.gz

#8 2008-11-03 12:50:06

alleyoopster

I already uninstalled everything kde related and still get these errors.

"pacman -Q |grep kde"  shows nothing

#9 2008-11-03 12:57:53

Allan
Pacman
Website

Just taking one file in question: /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kate.so.   That looks very KDE related to me.  Is it still on your system.  My guess is pacman didn't know to remove it as the file list did not get extracted from the package when your hard-drive was full.  If the files are on your system then do a "pacman -Qo <file>" to see if any package owns them.

#10 2008-11-03 12:59:47

alleyoopster

i tried that but it reports  it is not owned

for example "error: No package owns /usr/lib/libpartitionmanagercore.so"

Last edited by alleyoopster (2008-11-03 13:02:13)

#11 2008-11-03 13:02:04

Allan
Pacman
Website

My suggestion for fixing this is to download the file lists from a mirror (e.g. http://ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686/ … es.tar.gz), find which package owns a file, install it (you will need the -f option), then remove it.  Hopefully that will clean up all these problems on your system.

#12 2008-11-03 13:03:59

alleyoopster

eeeks, there are loads of files.  I may try a force install of kde and see where that goes.

thanks for you help Allan

#13 2008-11-03 16:47:50

alleyoopster

the force install of kdemod-complete worked well and resolved most of the problems. I  have a few problems still, but nothing big. thanks again guys

Board footer