You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-03 11:23:46

sidc

Conky not starting

When I try starting conky, I get a weird error.

Conky: use_spacer should have an argument of left, right, or none.  'no' seems to be some form of 'false', so defaulting to none.
Conky: can't open '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input': No such file or directory
please check your device or remove this var from Conky

There is a temp1_input in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input . Is this what conky is looking for? If so, how do I change the location it looks for?

#2 2008-11-03 12:23:27

Ghost1227
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Conky not starting

The first part of the error (use_spacer part) is relatively harmless. It's just letting you know that whoever setup your conky config didn't phrase one thing quite the way conky wants, but conky fixed it for you.

The part regarding temp1_input, you would have to edit ~/.conkyrc  to change that.

.:[My Blog] || [My GitHub]:.

#3 2008-11-03 17:56:06

poor_kenny

Your config is wrong.... whats the output of
cat '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input'
?

#4 2008-11-04 08:09:16

sidc

poor_kenny wrote:

Your config is wrong.... whats the output of
cat '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input'
?

msid ~  $  cat '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input'
cat: /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input: No such file or directory

I am quite sure that the hwmon variable in conky looks for this place as default, whereas the temp1_input is in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 in my case. Is there any way to rectify this?

#5 2008-11-04 08:34:20

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

I'm not sure what you're not getting about conky's error message and bash' error message - it seems pretty clear /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input is non-existent.

If there is a temp_input somewhere in that /sys/class/hwmon directory, try changing your configuration file:

hwmon    (dev) type n    Hwmon sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). Parameter dev may be omitted if you have only one hwmon device. Parameter type is either 'in' or 'vol' meaning voltage; 'fan' meaning fan; 'temp' (Celsius) or 'tempf' (Fahrenheit) meaning temperature. Parameter n is number of the sensor. See /sys/class/hwmon/ on your local computer.

I think the conky documentation is pretty clear.

Last edited by B (2008-11-04 08:35:37)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#6 2009-10-13 22:56:25

virati

B wrote:

I'm not sure what you're not getting about conky's error message and bash' error message - it seems pretty clear /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input is non-existent.

If there is a temp_input somewhere in that /sys/class/hwmon directory, try changing your configuration file:

hwmon    (dev) type n    Hwmon sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). Parameter dev may be omitted if you have only one hwmon device. Parameter type is either 'in' or 'vol' meaning voltage; 'fan' meaning fan; 'temp' (Celsius) or 'tempf' (Fahrenheit) meaning temperature. Parameter n is number of the sensor. See /sys/class/hwmon/ on your local computer.

I think the conky documentation is pretty clear.

I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to get conky to look in a subdirectory of where it is looking through the config file or the documentation...

my temp1_input is in '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/' but conky is giving me an error saying it can't find it in '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/'

How is this rectifiable with a change in the config...? '${hwmon 1 temp 1}' is all that the documentation says is needed.

Edit: darn, solved me own problem... Although, if i may say so, it's not 'intuitive'...

Solution: '${hwmon 1/device temp 1}' solved it and got it back up and running.

Last edited by virati (2009-10-13 23:00:52)

#7 2009-10-14 11:29:18

zigiless
Website

Thank you! After a pacman update, the exact same problem started for me.
Your solution worked great!

#8 2009-10-16 02:06:23

virati

Broken again. Now it looks into ../hwmon#/device by default and my motherboard temp data is in ../hwmon4/temp2_input

This is utterly ridiculous and completely asinine.

Board footer