You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-05 01:49:03

Koonboi

Keylogging/vlogger

Hello. I share a computer with many individuals, although it is my computer. And I would wish to know some things they do on my computer. Is there any good keylogger, that store the logs in a fake error report or something? I found something called vlogger, but couldn't seem to get it to work.

"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

#2 2008-11-05 08:20:32

Cappy

Re: Keylogging/vlogger

vlogger isn't a keylogger; it's just used for large amounts of system messages.

If you're the admin all you need to do is look in their home directories and look at their history.

A keylogger really isn't needed unless you're doing something malicious like stealing their passwords.

#3 2008-11-05 10:05:34

leo2501

Cappy wrote:

If you're the admin all you need to do is look in their home directories and look at their history.

A keylogger really isn't needed unless you're doing something malicious like stealing their passwords.

i think of koonboi as a parent that might protect his children and view what things they do for example in the internet browser and things like that, rather than think that he want their passwords, things that don't show in the history at HOME because "maybe" they don't use the terminal emulator very often

Last edited by leo2501 (2008-11-05 10:07:10)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#4 2008-11-05 12:40:12

Daenyth
Forum Fellow

You should note that even though it is your computer, you may be legally required to tell the users that they will be monitored.

#5 2008-11-05 13:09:05

Koonboi

I would tell them that they are monitored. I am not trying to catch them doing anything, I am trying to prevent them from doing anything.

#6 2008-11-05 15:19:52

Cappy

leo2501 wrote:
Cappy wrote:

i think of koonboi as a parent that might protect his children and view what things they do for example in the internet browser and things like that, rather than think that he want their passwords, things that don't show in the history at HOME because "maybe" they don't use the terminal emulator very often

The internet browser history would be in their home folder. Kids wouldn't even realize it was a security problem so they wouldn't delete it. Thus, no reason for a keylogger.

#7 2008-11-05 18:53:30

string

How about telling them they're being monitored and hope the bluff works? smile

#8 2008-11-05 21:40:48

Koonboi

... I never thought of that. But there are friends and other people that get my computer, and they won't believe it as much. I would like to use that as an excuse, with the logging program as a backup.

Board footer