You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-10 18:09:22

mustill

Gnome runs disks twice

Hi, I have a little problem with my GNOME. It's not anything I couldn't live with, it is just pretty annoying. The thing is that everytime I insert a disk in any of my drives and it has some kind of "autorun" (e.g. it's a DVD with a movie), GNOME runs a window asking me, in which player I want to play it. That's fine, except that the window appears twice. And it's the same with the bar in nautilus when I am browsing the disk - there are two bars.
As I said, it's not a problem for me to click twice. I just think it's weird and it shouldn't happen. The question is why is this happening. Thought that it might have sth to do with HAL, but haven't found any problem. Btw, it happens only with my DVD drives (not with flash disks or external hard drives). Maybe it may be due to the fact that I have them twice in /dev - I have 2 DVD drives, but linux detects /dev/cdrom, /dev/cdrom1, /dev/dvd & /dev/dvd1. Unfortunately I have no idea how to tell Arch that there are only two of them, not four.

Must Ill

#2 2009-02-13 19:02:27

Kilz

Re: Gnome runs disks twice

I know this thread is old, but I had the same issue and here is how I solved it.
Rename /usr/bin/nautilus-autorun-software to /usr/bin/bad-nautilus-autorun-software the autorun functionality is duplicated in nautilus and gnome volume manager. You can also safely comment out one of the sets in fstaab either the dvd or cd, just place a # in front of the lines.

I trust Microsoft about as far as I can comfortably spit a dead rat.
Cinnamon is a wonderful desktop
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#3 2009-04-16 10:19:45

scottuss

Re: Gnome runs disks twice

I have this issue also, I'm thinking I should file a bug report

Edit: There is already a bug report, if anyone else stumbles upon this post and would like more info see bug FS#13244 on the Bug tracker

Last edited by scottuss (2009-04-16 16:02:32)

Board footer