You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-12 13:54:00

moljac024

Executing ncmpcpp directly with terminal

This seems really strange.
If I do a "gnome-terminal -e ncmpcpp" it just flashes for a second and closes.
Starting ncmpcpp by typing it in the terminal when it's open is no issue. Starting other apps with "gnome-terminal -e" also isn't an issue.
So, I'm curious, why is this happening ? Can anyone else replicate this ?

I've also tried other terminal emulators, such as xterm,terminal and urxvt.
So, this must be a problem in ncmpcpp somewhere...

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#2 2008-11-12 14:39:38

elmer_42

Re: Executing ncmpcpp directly with terminal

I'm not so sure. I just ran `urxvt -e ncmpcpp` in dmenu and it showed up just fine.

[ lamy + pilot ] [ arch64 | wmii ] [ ati + amd ]

#3 2008-11-12 17:53:43

moljac024

Re: Executing ncmpcpp directly with terminal

elmer_42 wrote:

I'm not so sure. I just ran `urxvt -e ncmpcpp` in dmenu and it showed up just fine.

Well that's strange, considering I've tried running it both from dmenu and directly from Xmonad with a keybind...

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-11-12 17:55:53)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Board footer